Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Romance Con

Orem Library is holding events for Orem Reads. The theme of it this time is Romance.
Their kickoff event was an all day Romance Con with panels and presentations from several artists/authors.
I'm a fan of "clean" romance so it was nice to be able to go for a few hours to hear from and meet some authors of books I would actually read.
It was like when I went to hear from Sarah M. Eden the beginning of September at the Provo Library.
I even made a new friend at Romance Con. Author Kate Condie also grew up in Oregon so she and I spent some time chatting about "back home." It was fun to hear her use the term "the coast" when some other people would use the term "the beach." Western Oregonians know what I'm talking about. And her books are clean.

The keynote speaker was Josi Kilpack. She shared some great words of wisdom about how to find and hold on to what makes us better, not just in our writing, but in our lives as well. I took some good notes.
I'm glad I went to this event. I learned some pretty cool things.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment