Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Fun With Food

Jr. is so creative.  One day when he was doing menu planning, he let me know he wanted pizza salad.  You take a slice of pizza and put lettuce on it.  "Pizza salad."  Unfortunately when it came time for that for dinner, I was having a crazy day and wasn't able to do both pizza and salad.  When the time came again to have pizza, we did have lettuce cut up in the fridge.  I had forgotten but Jr. reminded me that since we had both, we could have pizza salad.  Hooray!  So we did.

One time while we were at the store, Jeremy found that "roasted peanuts with honey" peanut butter was the same price as the regular peanut butter.  Yumm.  So we got some.  "You know what this means," Jeremy told me.  "Cut up some apples to go with it and you have instant Blah Blah Blah."  Yes!
So for after school snack one day I gave the kids sliced apples with that peanut butter.  I showed Jr. the jar and he got excited.  "Blah Blah Blah!  Nichole, we're having Blah Blah Blah!"

Ah, creativity and fun with food..

No comments:

Post a Comment