Thursday, December 24, 2009

December 24th- Christmas Eve

Quick- before Santa comes.



Our Christmas Eve was jam packed.

We delivered little balloon Christmas trees to some people in the ward. When we first went out to the car to deliver the trees, we could see tiny snowflakes on the hood of the car. It wasn't big clumps of snowflakes which we usually see covering things. Here we could see a bunch of individual snowflakes. It was really quite amazing. Click on the picture to see it larger.

One of the trees we delivered to a widow in our ward who I sing in choir with. She invited us in and we were able to stay and chat with her for a while. She loves company but feels lonely most of the time. She had family taking her to be with them for Christmas, but we got to spend a good amount of time with her before they picked her up. She is an amazing woman and has done so many neat things in her life. Visting her was a blessing for us.

We had our Christmas Eve program with our little family. I sang Silent Night for the kids. Sometimes when I'm singing hymns, I get emotional and have a hard time getting through them because I am touched by the Spirit. Today I had a hard time getting through the third verse because the kids were making faces at me and making me laugh. I love my family.

This evening we went to visit friends for treats and games. We made peanut brittle, almond roca (or rather peanut roca), Chex Mix, and Rice Krispie Treats. Our friends made some yummy treats, too. There was plenty to eat and now even thinking about eating Christmas treats doesn't appeal to me. I wonder how it will be after Santa fills the stockings tomorrow morning.


I don't know why my kids always have such out of it expressions when we take pictures of them with chocolate on their faces.

After we played for a while, the kids made cookies. There were plenty of cookie cutters with holiday shapes and it was fun for them.

We finally left and drove home. By the time we got home, both kids were mostly asleep, and by the time we'd carried them to their room, they were both awake. I stayed in there with them for a little while until they were both asleep again.

Jeremy and I both had some wrapping to do so we took turns. Then as I wrote the blog post, Jeremy worked on balloon sculptures for the kids.
Now it's late and I need to go to bed so Santa can come.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment