Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Be a Good Neighbor

I mentioned that Stephanie read to Jet that Sunday evening. Jet wanted her to read some more but it was getting late so we agreed that maybe we could go after school the next day. After school on Monday we did check with Stephanie and she was happy to have us come. She read so many books to Jet, including some she illustrated herself. She's really good with different voices of characters, too.
September 28 was National Good Neighbor Day and Stephanie is definitely a good neighbor.
That morning I was looking at the Calendar of Celebration and reading that day's holidays out loud.
"My brother's birthday, National Family Day, Ask a Stupid Question Day, National Good Neighbor Day, National Sons Day. Oh, I need to make sure I wish my brother Happy Birthday."
Jr.'s response was, "Why?"
I just looked at him.
He asked, "What are the holidays?"  
It took me a moment. Jeremy had just walked out the door but he got it. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! 
I did spend time with sons on National Sons Day and that night we celebrated National Family Day with Family Home Evening.  
 
The next day, September 29, was Happy Goose Day. I told Jet that I wanted him to be happy that day since I call him a silly goose all the time. I mean it in a nice way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment