Monday, September 26, 2022

Talk Like a Pirate Day 2022

September 19 was Slimey the Worm's Birthday (from Sesame Street, Oscar the Grouch's pet). I celebrated by listening to the song, "I Love Trash."
 
But more excitingly (no offense, Slimey), September 19 was International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Hurray!
I did talk like a pirate and met the boys at the bus, dressed up and with balloon swords for a battle. 

I made sure to wear my "Black Pearl" necklace and skeleton earrings.
 
The kids found gold doubloons and ate the chocolate inside.
Jr. Jr. didn't want anyone stealing his treasure.
 
Oh, and earlier in the day, Jeremy forgot his electric balloon pump for a big build so Jet and I delivered it to him. He apologized for taking up our time, but I told him it was okay since it was Talk Like a Pirate Day. He plundered our time.
 
We had a pirate dinner centered around the letters "R" and "C." Arrrr and Sea
We had Roast pork on Rolls, fried Rice- Cantonese style, Carrots and Celery with Ranch, Red apples, a drink with vitamin C, and butterscotch pudding which we called Custard. September 19 is also Butterscotch Pudding Day and one of my children really likes butterscotch pudding.

For family home evening treat, we had cinnamon sugar doughnut muffins which has become our new tradition instead of actual donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment