Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Parent Teacher Conferences

I went to Parent Teacher Conferences or Student Led Conferences or whatever it is they're calling them these days. The high schooler and junior high schooler went with me to theirs and the elementary schoolers stayed at home when I went to talk to their teachers.

At Nichole's school I saw my sister's sister-in-law. I didn't realize she worked there but she does so I said Hi. Wow. Nichole has classes on the first floor, second floor, third floor, and across the parking lot (seminary). Whoo.

Nichole showed us weeks ago a sketch of a fairy she was sculpting out of clay in her sculpture class. At parent-teacher conferences I was able to see that fairy in progress. Later she brought the finished product home. Well done, Nichole.

Jr.'s classes are only on the first and second floors and across a small road for seminary. Jr.'s biology class had a picture in there of a pine grosbeak that he took. He made sure to get a picture with my phone. Notice the label. Heh Heh.

Both of Jr. Jr.'s and Lucky's teachers had good things to say about them and I was able to see some samples of their work that show their personalities.

Lucky's self-portrait and Jr. Jr.'s "The Best Part of Me."

"I think the best part of me is my head because it lets me read, write, and think.Reading is my favorite pastime. I spend most of my free time reading so my head helps me not get bored. I'm writing a book so if I didn't have a head I wouldn't have any plan for the future. I wouldn't get to share my stories.I like thinking and figuring things out. My head makes it so I am smart. That is why I think my head is my best part."

Jr. Jr.'s teacher did specifically mention how expressive he is even when wearing a mask. Heh Heh. I love my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment