Monday, October 14, 2019

This Weekend

How did your weekend go? This is how mine went:
Friday, October 11, was It's My Party Day. I don't think I cried (though I cry often enough). I did sing the song, though. Jeremy and I got to go out to eat again that day. The kids were happy with that since they got to stay home and watch movies. It was a relaxing evening.
 
Saturday, Jeremy spent all day long at The Big Sit. I got to do that last October for a few hours. This time it was Jeremy's turn. He had a great time. He was there birding from dark of morning to dark of night and it was coooooold but worth it.
The kids and I stayed home to clean. I cleaned. They did not get to watch movies or play video games. Even though October 12 was International Moment of Frustration Scream Day, I did not scream even when...
I told the kids dinner was "Fend For Yourself" to celebrate the holiday. When they asked what the holiday was, I told them, and they all immediately screamed in pretend frustration.
Then Nichole did shake 'n bake type chicken drumsticks (I told her I would sit at the table and supervise but she got to make it herself).and Jr. made chocolate chip pancakes. They both did a good job.
I ate leftovers from Friday night's dinner. Yumm.
I also tried out a new kind of smoothie. Lucky had been wanting me to make a cinnamon smoothie so I found a recipe online and finally got around to making it. None of the kids liked it. I drank it but I still prefer smoothies with berries in them.

Sunday, October 13, was International Skeptics Day and English Language Day. We didn't really do anything to celebrate those days except Jr. said he didn't believe those were really the holidays. We did go to a ward potluck in the evening. I brought oatmeal muffins.
When we came home, Jeremy and I sat in the van talking for a bit while Nichole and Jr. went to the door reading and Jr. Jr. and Lucky decided to lie on the ground looking at the clouds. That was so sweet. I love those precious moments. 
We did have a somewhat rough day before and after church but we had another precious moment before bed. After family prayer we all sat around and just had a nice conversation. Sometimes it was silly but not disruptive silly. Here's how part of it went.
We were talking about surgeries because we've been praying for my brother-in-law who had surgery recently. Then we started talking about different kinds of surgery. I mentioned surgery for cataracts.
Jr.: Isn't that where you put dead people?
Mom: No, that's catacombs.
Jr.: I thought that's what you brushed a cat with.
Yeah, that's the kind of silliness we had.
It was a good end to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment