Monday, January 16, 2012

Appreciate a Dragon Day 2012

Appreciate a Dragon Day, January 16. I asked on facebook what people were doing to celebrate this holiday. The biggest answer I got was "watch How to Train Your Dragon." Popular movie.
Besides watching How to Train Your Dragon in our home, the kids and I started a dragon puppet from the February 2011 FamilyFun Magazine. We got as far as painting. We'll finish another day.
The "in progress" pictures I took didn't turn out very well (you'll have to wait until we finish), so instead I'll show you pictures of something else the kids did today.



Jeremy took some time and taught the kids how to make a snake and a flower out of balloons. I was very impressed.


For more information about the origin of Appreciate a Dragon Day and ideas for activities you could do with this theme, go to the website of Donita K. Paul, author of The DragonKeeper Chronicles.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! good to know you. I originated AADD in 2004 to celebrate the release of my first dragon book. It is amazingly easy to declare a holiday. We've had lots of fun watching it grow. You can learn more about it and what others have done at http://donitakpaul.com/fun/aadd/index.html Please send me your pictures when you finish the dragon puppet, and we'll post it and link to your blog. We also have two picture books out. We should have another contest running soon. I'd like to invite you and your readers to come by and check us out. www.dragonandturtle.com

    ReplyDelete